- 1 Who was Obama’s opponent in the 2008 presidential election group answer choices?
- 2 Who was Barack Obama’s opponent in the 2008 presidential election quizlet?
- 3 Who did Barack Obama run against for Senate?
- 4 Who won the election of 2008?
- 5 What was the historical significance of Barack Obama’s election in 2008 quizlet?
- 6 What was the biggest issue in the 2008 presidential election quizlet?
- 7 What was the greatest success of the Obama administration quizlet?
- 8 How did Obama win in 2008?
Who was Obama’s opponent in the 2008 presidential election group answer choices?
On November 4, 2008, Obama defeated the Republican nominee, Senator John McCain of Arizona, making him the President-elect and the first African American elected President. He was the third sitting U.S. Senator, after Warren G. Harding and John F. Kennedy, to be elected president.
Who was Barack Obama’s opponent in the 2008 presidential election quizlet?
The democratic nominee for the 2008 election was Barack Obama, alongside the experienced Joe Biden as his vice president. Although Hillary Clinton was expected to become the party’s nominee, Barack Obama used his speech and rhetorics to gain the nomination.
Who did Barack Obama run against for Senate?
The United States Senate career of Barack Obama began on January 3, 2005, and ended on November 16, 2008. He resigned his seat in the U.S. Senate upon being elected President of the United States. Obama won the seat in an election against Alan Keyes who replaced Republican Primary election winner Jack Ryan.
Who won the election of 2008?
The 2008 United States elections were held on November 4. Democratic Senator Barack Obama of Illinois won the presidential election, and Democrats bolstered their majority in both Houses of Congress. Obama won his party’s presidential nomination after defeating Senator Hillary Clinton in the 2008 Democratic primaries.
What was the historical significance of Barack Obama’s election in 2008 quizlet?
Why did the 2008 presidential election represent a turning point in U.S. politics? The first African American president was elected. Why was President Obama’s first Supreme Court nomination significant? Sonia Sotomayor was the first Hispanic Supreme Court justice.
What was the biggest issue in the 2008 presidential election quizlet?
Which were the most important issues during the presidential election of 2008? the federal deficit grew.
What was the greatest success of the Obama administration quizlet?
Terms in this set (10)
- Ended the War in Iraq. Ordered all U.S. military forces out of the country in 2011.
- Eliminated Osama bin laden.
- Passed Health Care Reform.
- Increased Support for Veterans.
- Improved Food Safety System.
- Created the START treaty.
- Invested Heavily in Renewable Technology.
- Improved School Nutrition.
How did Obama win in 2008?
Obama won a decisive victory over McCain, winning the Electoral College and the popular vote by a sizable margin, including states that had not voted for the Democratic presidential candidate since 1976 (North Carolina) and 1964 (Indiana and Virginia).