- 1 How did South Carolina vote in the last election?
- 2 Who won South Carolina in the 2012 presidential election?
- 3 What is the racial breakdown of South Carolina?
- 4 Is South Carolina a good place to live?
- 5 Did Obama win South Carolina in 2008?
- 6 Does South Carolina have state income tax?
- 7 Do any celebrities live in South Carolina?
- 8 Where should I not live in South Carolina?
- 9 What are the dangers of living in South Carolina?
How did South Carolina vote in the last election?
Trump continued the Republican tradition in South Carolina, carrying the state with 54.9% of the vote. Clinton received 40.7% of the vote, underperforming Barack Obama’s 2012 performance by about 4%.
Who won South Carolina in the 2012 presidential election?
Romney defeated Obama in the state by 54.56% to 44.09%, a margin of 10.47%.
What is the racial breakdown of South Carolina?
According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of South Carolina was: White: 67.16% Black or African American: 26.77% Two or more races: 2.31%
Is South Carolina a good place to live?
South Carolina is a good state to live in or retire to because its climate is mild, and the state is, overall, affordable. A survey by Retirement Living has ranked South Carolina as the #4 best state to retire to. South Carolina has a lower cost of living and some beautiful beaches that are warm practically year-round.
Did Obama win South Carolina in 2008?
The 2008 South Carolina Democratic presidential primary took place on January 26, 2008. Senator Barack Obama of Illinois won the primary’s popular vote by a 28.9% margin.
Does South Carolina have state income tax?
What is South Carolina Individual Income Tax? South Carolina has a simplified income tax structure which follows the federal income tax laws. Your federal taxable income is the starting point in determining your state income tax liability. Individual income tax rates range from 0% to a top rate of 7% on taxable income.
Do any celebrities live in South Carolina?
Here are 10 celebrities were either born and raised SC or decided to move here.
- Darius Rucker.
- Candice Glover.
- John Mellencamp.
- James Brown.
- Chris Rock.
- Bill Murray.
- Joe Frazier.
- Thomas Gibson.
Where should I not live in South Carolina?
The 20 Worst Places to Live in South Carolina
- Orangeburg. Orangeburg isn’t the kind of place you go to make your fortune.
- Catawba. Like the idea of living in a town where 23.7% of the population are living below the poverty line?
What are the dangers of living in South Carolina?
These Are The 20 Biggest Risks Of Living In South Carolina
- Fire Ants. Martin LaBar/Flickr.
- Mosquitos. Sanofi Pasteur/Flickr.
- Gnats & Flies. Jon Holt/Flickr.
- Alligators. Reinhard Link/Flickr.
- Black Bears. Ian Matchett/Flickr.
- Deer. Alexander C.
- Brown Recluse spiders or spiders in general.
- Dum dum da dummmThe Palmetto Bug.